PLUGS AND SOCKET-OUTLETS FOR HOUSEHOLD AND SIMILAR PURPOSES
IEC 60884-1:2022 Part 1: General requirements
Publication date: 2022-08-04
IEC 60884-1 standard for plugs and fixed or portable socket-outlets for AC only, with or without earthing contact, with a minimum rated voltage of 50 V but not exceeding 440 V and a rated current not exceeding 32 A, intended for households and similar purposes, either indoors or outdoors.
Compatible plugs and socket outlets, when combined, form a plug-and-socket-outlet system.
The rated current is limited to 16 A maximum provided with crewless-type terminals.
IEC/TR 60083 standard describes the system used worldwide.
This document also applies to:
– plugs which are a part of cord sets;
– plugs and portable socket outlets that are a part of cord extension sets;
– plugs and sockets that are a component of an appliance;
– plugs and socket-outlet incorporating pilot lights.
This document does not apply to:
– plugs, socket outlets, and couplers for industrial purposes;
– appliance couplers;
– plugs, fixed and portable socket-outlets for extra low voltage (ELV); NOTE 2 ELV values are specified in IEC 60364-4-41.
– fixed socket outlets combined with fuses, automatic switches, etc.